How to Skip the Line at St. Peter’s Basilica | Tickets, Tips, & More
Dominating the skyline of Vatican City is the mother church that is St. Peter’s Basilica. It is one of the largest and most important papal churches in all of Christendom. Aside from this, the building is in itself an impressive work of art with an array of sculptures, paintings, stained windows, and of course, its iconic dome.
Every year, millions of people from different walks of life pay a visit to St. Peter’s Basilica. This means that although it is a must-visit attraction, it is bound to be swarmed with large crowds. However, you can try to cut down the wait time in front of the basilica with these few tips.
NOTE: There are no direct skip-the-line tickets for St. Peter's Basilica and everyone has to go through a mandatory security check which could take up to 3 hours.
Why You Should Skip the Line at St. Peter’s Basilica
How to Skip the Line at St. Peter’s Basilica?
- Wear comfortable shoes because you will have to do a lot of walking around the church.
- Get there early in the morning so that you bypass long waiting lines.
- If you’re not going on a guided tour, read about the basilica before your visit. There’s a lot to see so it helps to know what to look for.
- The Papal audience takes place on Wednesdays, which means St. Peter’s Square is likely to be crowded.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is a sacred place where you must dress appropriately. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
St. Peter’s Basilica Tickets
All Your St. Peter's Basilica Skip the Line Questions Answered
A. There are a few ways in which you can fasten your entry into St. Peter's Basilica.
A. You can skip past some lines by going on a guided tour or visiting during early morning hours. However, there is a mandatory security check for everyone which will take at least an hour or two.
A. Yes. Most St. Peter's Basilica guided tours include a skip-the-line feature by default.
A. It can take up to 2 - 3 hours to get inside St. Peter’s Basilica during peak hours.
A. Yes. St. Peter's Basilica tours allow you to skip long lines to some extent. Additionally, you get to learn a lot about the attraction on the tour.
A. You can book your St. Peter’s Basilica Tours online.